If your product specification necessitates high strength properties along with the ultimate in material utilization, allow our forging capabilities to go to work for you. Tecomet, Inc. is a world leader in forging the most challenging materials for the most critical applications.
Dedicated forging resources offer a wide range of equipment inclusive of clearspace hammers, horizontal 3-axis forging presses, hydraulic, crank and stain controlled screw presses up to 1,600 ton. Tecomet's net shape forging capabilities impart a tighter and more uniform grain structure, while increasing tensile strength and yield strength, compared to castings and products machined from stock.
Forgings are used in medical, aerospace, automotive, commercial, and industrial applications, where consistent performance and high strength are essential. Our over 40 years of experience with net shape forging and our competitive tooling cost makes forging the best choice, even in quantities as low as 50-100 pieces.
An overview of our complete forging capabilities:Engineering
- Unigraphics NX parametric assembly modeling
- SolidWorks parametric assembly modeling
- Forge simulation software
- Experienced design and process development support
- Internal dedicated tooling shop
- High speed milling centers
- EDM centers
- Gage and fixture design and development
- Presses ranging from 600-1600 ton
- Automated GFM performance work cell
- 3, 4 and 5 Multi-Axis CNC Equipment - continuous milling
- Robotic machining centers
- Up to 9 axis machining